Fuzzy Butt Falls

"Not all butts are fuzzy" - Cambell Carpenter


Difficulty - ✹ (out of 5)

Scenic Beauty - ✰✰✰ (out of 5)

Directions - click here

Video Blog - click here


This waterfall has been on my bucket list for quite a while but I actually was not intending to go to it the day that I was there.  I had planned a trip to Falling Water Falls and Six Finger Falls and was unaware that Fuzzy Butt is just a quick hike from Six Finger Falls.   A fellow hiker at Six Finger informed me that Fuzzy Butt Falls is just a quick 100 yard hike from there so we made the impromptu trip over to see it.   This scenic waterfall can be found in the Richland Creek wilderness area about 50 miles northeast of Clarksville near Sand Gap.

Inside Info - As I said in the overview, my trip here was purely by accident but I'm so glad I was able to add this to the day's itinerary.  The directions in the link actually take you to the Six Finger Falls  waterfall.  Once at Six Fingers, you'll need to cross the creek to get to the North/Northwest side of Falling Water Creek and you'll see a very recognizeable path heading North along the creek.  The water was flowing very well the day we were there and I did not see any way of crossing the creek without wading in at least ankle deep water.  So if you want to see it when the water fall is flowing, you're going to get wet.  Also be advised that the rocks are very slick in some places.  My daughter, my dog and myself all slipped and fell crossing the creek so exercise caution.  Once you have crossed and and proceeding along the path it's just a short hike (approx 100 yards) to a point where you will notice a small canyon on your left.  Go into the canyon and you'll find Fuzzy Butt falls.  There is a picture below with a small tree against the canyon wall that shows where the falls are located.   It's a very picturesque location and very serene.

Final Word - I rated the difficulty of this hike as a one-star hike because it's very short and there are no hills to climb except for the small embankment from the road to the creek so really, most people can make this hike with very little difficulty.  However, you most likely WILL get wet and there is a risk of falling on the very slick rocks in the creek so be your own judge if you have elderly or small children with you.  I highly recommend also stopping and Falling Water Falls in addition to Six Finger and Fuzzy Butt in the same day since they are in relatively close proximity to each other.  Also, I don't have a traditional trailhead pic for this hike other than a shot of Six Finger Falls.  The trail to Fuzzy Butt is on the far bank in the picture posted below.  You really can't miss it once you cross the creek.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trailhead Pic



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Comments

Popular Posts